Dental implants are widely considered one of dentistry’s greatest modern advances in replacing missing teeth. A dental implant replaces the root portion of the tooth. It is made of biocompatible titanium and it is inserted into a jawbone through a surgical procedure. Crowns, bridges, and dentures can all be retained using one or multiple dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium metal that is surgically placed into your jawbone. Once in place, an artificial tooth restoration is attached to the implant, which looks just like your natural teeth. Dental implants have become an increasingly popular option due to their reliability, comfort, aesthetics and affordability. The benefits keep on growing and include:
- Predictable long-term results (>95% success)
- Great aesthetics and functionality
- Can replace single or multiple missing teeth
- Restorations can be fixed or removable
- Dental implants prevent further bone loss unlike other restorative options
- Adjacent teeth remain intact; they are not damaged
- Titanium does not decay and is therefore a permanent solution
- Improved quality of life
- Improved oral health, ability to eat, appearance and self-esteem
If you are self-conscious because you have missing teeth, wear dentures that are uncomfortable or don’t want to have good tooth structure removed to make a bridge, let Dr. Razmavar help you by determining if dental implants are an option for you. The dental implant procedure can be further explained by Dr. Razmavar and all your questions can be answered during your Implant consultation. She is one of the most qualified dental implant providers in GTA. Please call today to book a FREE consultation!